Market Open Every Saturday & Bank Holiday Monday - Next Market Saturday 22nd September
9am-3pm Every Saturday
& Bank Holiday Monday
- The Manager’s decision is final in all matters and they can remove any trader at their discretion.
- You must comply with the Health and Safety at Work Legislation and our HEALTH AND SAFETY POLICY which is available from our Manager. You must work in a safe way and minimise all the risks from any hazards.
- You must comply with our EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES POLICY which is available from our Manager. You must ensure that none of your staff or customers are disadvantaged because of any physical or mental characteristics they may have. However, the ability to communicate in English is very important.
- You must comply with the Environmental Protection Legislation and our ENVIRONMENTAL POLICY which is available from our Manager. You must keep your pitch clean and tidy and use the waste containers provided.
- You must complete an Application Form and always pay on time.
- You must have Public Liability Insurance.
- We do not sell Alcohol at our markets.
- You must tell us if your personal details change or if you do not want us to tell you about other Markets.
- A pitch will be available, as far as we are able, so long as the fee is up to date. You cannot sub-let your pitch. We may allow you to sell the goodwill of your pitch provided you have paid the appropriate transfer fee.
- We may let any stall unoccupied after 07.30am on the Market day to a casual trader. Traders’ vehicles must be removed from the public areas of the Market by 08.30am and parked in the designated area. You must occupy you pitch during trading hours.
- Traders must keep their stalls clean and tidy at all times and dispose of their own rubbish.
- You must abide by the Market Shoppers Charter below:-
- If you sell high value goods, you may have to pay a Bond, the balance of which we will refund four weeks after you have left the Market.
- You must not use amplified sound or take more space than you pay for without the Manager’s express permission. You must keep within the designated stall area at all times.
- You must pay for any electricity that we supply (if available). Generators can be used with the Manager’s express permission and petrol must be stored safely in sealed, purpose made containers.
- We will prosecute anyone who steals our property. You must not alter, erect, dismantle or abuse our property in any way. We are not responsible for any losses or damage that you incur whatsoever.
- When you stop trading with us anything you leave at our Markets will be disposed of after seven days.
- These rules apply until further notice and can only be altered by a member of The Platt Group.